Wednesday, April 22, 2009

He's Here!!!




     April 21st 2009
              Madden is here, and he is darling! Here's the story....
Monday night I was feeling it, LaBoR!! We decided to go to the hospital at about midnight! I thought for sure it was the real thing... Nope, I was wrong. I was still dilalated to a 2-3 and 80% (like for the last month). I was contracting, but after walking the halls for an hour I hadn't progressed so home we went. Then on Tuesday, I had an appointment with Machel at noon. When I got there, I was a 4, still contracting, and thinner, so she told me to go to the mall and walk for a while and come back. So I did. I was in pain, it wasn't a very fun shopping trip :( But, when Erik took me back I was a 5!! Yeah! She told me to go home, get my bag, and get to the hospital! So, thats what we did. I wasn't really contracting anymore, but I went anyway, since I was a 5 and all! 

6:00PM  We get to Labor and Delivery... they were waiting for us, and took us straight to delivery. (I wasn't expecting it to go quite as fast, but why complain!)
7:00PM  Epidural, I still wasn't in pain, but who would want to do this without an epidural??! By the way, it was great! The doctor was really funny, and it didn't hurt too bad.
8:00PM  Machel comes and breaks my water
8:30PM  They give me a little pitosin, it works way too fast, they check me, I'm an 8! Turn off pitosin :)
9:50PM  They call Machel, she's on her way, we are thinking maybe a couple more hours, she checks me, is a little surprised, tells me to push, and there's the head!
10:08PM Madden is born after 4 pushes. Wow, that wasn't bad at all. I told Erik it went so fast, I almost feel a little bad, like I missed something! 

There's the story, it was a great labor, and perfect delivery! Little Madden weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz. and was 19 inches long. He has lots of dark hair and looks a lot like his cute big brother Ryder. We are very excited and feel so blessed to get to be the parents of two perfect boys! Enjoy all the pictures!

   Me and Madden with my incredible Dr. Machel!
  I love her, and can't imagine having another Doc!
 (don't look at me in the pic, I look totally stoned!)
New Little Madden!
Brand New!
waiting for our baby! (after the epidural!)    
I ate all the suckers they give ya! YUM!
Having his 1st bath!
             Ryder loves him SO much!
            Our Family Photo
 Ryder when he first saw Madden, he ran right 
in the room and said.. Hi Madden! All he
wants to do is hold him!
      His hair has a little auburn in it! 


I am so happy he likes him!

What a sweet Baby!

a Proud Daddy!

14 comments:

Maeg said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is beautiful! I am so glad to hear things went so smoothly...you almost make me want to have one of my own...almost. ;) Take care of yourself and the little one too!

Brent and Stacie said...

He is so cute! Congrats on the new addition in your family! I am glad that everything went well. Ryder looks like he'll be a great big brother!

Kalani said...

He is so cute!!! we will keep our distance for awhile but can't wait to see him! I am glad it went so well!

Kristin said...

I have been checking the blog nonstop waiting for pictures! He is so cute, he does look like Ryder! Ryder looks so proud to be a big brother, I love it! Congrats!

Angie said...

He is beautiful Jess! We are keeping our distance until everyone gets over their bugs here! Give him a kiss from his aunt!

Emily said...

Congratulations! Madden is so cute. I love those Cheeks! Sounds like Ryder is doing great too. I'm so glad things went well for you.
Take care.

The Stanger Fam said...

Congrats!!! Yeah I am so happy for you guys that he is here. He is so cute, he does look like Ryder. Glad things went so good too. Oh, this makes me miss having a little babies! You have such a cute little family!!

Ticey said...

Congrats you guys. He is beautiful!! Glad you are all doing well!!

HeiDi SpeNdLoVe said...

Yay! I am so happy for you guys! I think he looks a lot like Ryder. I am so glad you had a pleasant exerience. Congrats!

Camille said...

Congrats! Ryder is the cutest big brother! I'm glad you won't have to spend time in the NICU this time. I can't wait to see him! P.S. You look great!!!

Adam and Ashley said...

He is so cute. I was wondering if you had him yet. Ryder will be a good big brother. Congratulations

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

We are so excited for you guys, he is a sweet little guy! I am glad your labor went well. You look so good in all your pictures! Congrats1 And him and Charli will be friends!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new little one! I'm glad everything went well. He is so cute!

Shiloh and Bob Willey said...

Congrats!!! He is soo stinkin' cute!! Don't you just LOVE boys?! After all, we had to grow up with 4 of them!!