Friday, January 23, 2009

Update on us....

Well, it seems like this month has flown by. We have stayed busy, and thank goodness not had any more scares with the pregnancy :) I am such a proud mom, I have to tell you Ryder is finally potty trained. It's been a long time coming, but it is totally worth all the stress I went through. (and I am sure he went through alot himself) It was one of my new years resloutions, and I am shocked that it has finally happened. The funny part is, all it took was boxer briefs. Who knew? I thought all kids liked big boy underwear, but Ryder 'prefers' the boxer kind. If I would've known, this would've been easier. But, good job Ryder, we are SO proud of you!

We took Ryder bowling for the 1st time, one of his potty rewards. He loved it, and ended up winning me and Erik. Erik thinks its because he had bumpers and used the guide thing, but I really think he is a bowler, not to mention me and Erik stink at bowling! And he keeps telling me, 'mom, its not a bowling ball in your tummy'! Sure feels like one!


My sister-in-law Kristin who lives in Denver, was in town last week for work. She works for GE, doing demos with ultrasound machines to doctor offices and such. Anyway, we were lucky and she came over to our house and let us have a peek at our cute little man, who I might add looks Exactly like his big brother Ryder! We had alot of fun. My other sister-in-law Kami came over too, we had a good time. Thanks so much to Kristin, we LOVE your job! :)



So there ya have it, our life in a nutshell!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Way to go Ryder!!! And also, so glad you haven't had any more scares with the pregnancy.

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

That is so good for Ryder. It is funny what does it for kids. Good job on completing one of your resolutions. I was reading your other post, I LOVE donuts too. There is just something about them. I can pass up cake and pie all of the time-but never a donut-especially the cake ones.

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Yay! Congrats Ryder! That's so fun that you took him bowling! And thanks again for inviting me over to the ultrasound party! I was soooo excited! That was so nice of her! About the doughnuts. Lucky you! I really feel like eating one now! I might have to go get in the car and find somewhere! They looked good!

Shiloh and Bob Willey said...

Dear Jess,
This is Shiloh's Mom. I always check out her friends blogs and yours is always sooooo cute. I just wanted to let you know that we're so thankful that you and the baby are okay and feeling better. What would we do without our parents and the Priesthood to help us through crazy times like that!
We are excited to hear the name you chose and to see this cute little guy! I think you said it was a boy right? Anyway, good luck with everything. April babies are the best. Shiloh, Dean, Bob, Hailee (Jerome's wife) and I are all born in April! Good luck with everything. Way to go on the potty training. Our 4 boys were way harder than Shiloh! You're a great Mommy! Love, Debbie Murray