Saturday, February 7, 2009

Grocery Savings...!

Well, I love a bargain. I am really jealous when I hear about these people that get their groceries for nothing! I have always dreamed about doing this. I know, I probably sound like a dork, but I am really into it. I have been checking out a few websites lately trying to score some great stuff. I really like this girls blog I found... www.asweetsale.blogspot.com, and she has a link to grocery smarts.com. I also like pinching your pennies.com. Anyway, today I went shopping and got a couple really good deals. Overall my grand total was $80.85. After savings I spent $45.04. Its not great, not compared to lots of success stories I hear, but hey, its a start. I hope to get really good at this. I went to Walmart and Smiths. Walmart always gives me a hard time about printable coupons, so I started carrying their coupon policy in my purse. They can't argue with that. :) Heres a picture of what I got....

The best deals I found today were:
Progresso soups $1.25 and with the printable coupons they were $.15 each
Kashi Cereal Bars $3.00 w/coupon they were $1.00
Wacky Mac Pasta was $.75 after coupon
and the best deal, and this is funny since we don't have a cat.. (my mom does:) Purina Cat Food $3.98 w/coupon it was free!

The rest of my stuff either had just regular coupons, and alot of it I got a smiths using my card. Like red, seedless grapes were $.99 LB. and gallons of milk were $1.67. Thats the lowest I've seen that in awhile!

Hope that didn't bore you all, I could go on and on all day. I love this :)

4 comments:

Emily said...

My sistah! Didn't know you were a bargain lover too. Looks like a pretty great haul. Ü

HeiDi SpeNdLoVe said...

Oh, I love bargain shopping and getting good deals! I especially love getting stuff for free. You made out really well with your groceries. Ryan makes fun of me because I love to show him how much I saved on my receipts. I know, I am a nerd!

Shelece & Josh said...

Welcome to the club! I've been doing this for a couple of years now and I average $150-$200 savings every month. Got to love it!

Loveless Fam said...

I really really want to be a bargain shopper, but it always seems to time consuming for me, but after seeing the great deals you've gotten and some of my other friends I think its time to start up!