Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Great Harvest I Love.



These cookies are AMAZING! I love Great Harvest. I craved it all the time both times I was pregnant. I was always stopping there to pick up a bag of those perfect, yummy things! I could consume that little bag of SIX cookies before I even got home! Anyway... I found the recipe today and had to rush to the store and get all the ingredients. They turned out fabulous, and I just have to share the recipe. I couldn't keep something this amazing to myself! So, enjoy, but be warned, they are THAT good. I figure since they are made with whole wheat flour we can make them with our food storage :) and they are healthy... right?!

GREAT HARVEST BREAD COMPANY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups brown sugar, packed
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups rolled oats
2 eggs
1.5 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon milk
1 (12 ounce) pkg semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

Beat together brown sugar and butter until well combined. Add oats, eggs, molasses, and milk; beat well. Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture; beat until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop dough and drop about 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes, until just starting to brown around the outside. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove and cool on racks.

Makes 24 giant cookies


3 comments:

The Stanger Fam said...

These look yummy, I'll have to try them next time I'm in the mood for a little baking! Cute little monster neck pillow, that is a good idea. I usually have extra blankets in the car that I use but that is a lot better.

Brent and Stacie said...

Thanks for sharing! These are my fav!!!

Kalani said...

How did you get that!! I worked there for years and couldn't pry it out of their hands! :) I will have to try it!- thanks for the help with adobe- they turned out cute!!