Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Weekend

I love the 4th of July! The parade this year was so fun, Ryder loved watching it and especially getting all the candy. The best part was the people who threw otter pops! I think we all ate about 10 each while we sat there :) Ryder and his cousins decorated shirts and rode in the parade. Ryder loved the giant tractors that took up the whole road. After the parade we went to have lunch with my family. Ryder had his first KFC and actually ate more than he ever has. He was running around with a chicken leg and loving every minute of it! Then we did the annual Farr West Greek Food at the Park and watched the sky divers. Ryder wasn't sure about that, but after he kept and still keeps telling us he saw 'Guys' in the sky, and they looked like 'Bugs'. How cute is he?! We saw the fireworks from the car, he didn't cry this year though. Slowly he is getting a little braver I think :) On Saturday morning we left to go up to Erik's families cabin in the Unitas. We had a lot of fun all day. Ryder LOVED the dirt and by the end of the day we weren't sure if his skin really was white. We had yummy dutch oven, and I actually made a peach cobbler. It turned out good :) (it was really hard... cake mix and peaches !) We planned on staying the night, but at about 9 Ryder started crying saying 'Home, Home'. It was kinda sad. He really is a homebody. We never go anywhere, so he had a hard time going to sleep. We left and made it home at about 12:30. He slept the whole way home and most of the night. Anyway, thats a long story I guess. We had a fun weekend though. I love holidays where you get to be with family. Its the best.

4 comments:

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

Cute slide show. I love all of the pictures. I think Ryder is so cute. I am glad that you enjoyed the fourth. Do you still have your red and blue bowling shoes from jr. high?

JYL & DALLAS said...

It sounds like you all had a good day camping! I am like Ryder I like home too!!! Dallas' family has the cabin right next to the steeles, the randall's is where we go (Brindee's Cabin)!!! I never thought about it before but i recognized the bridge by the creek what a small world!!! well glad you had a great fourth of July!

The Allred Family said...

Don't you just LOVE the summertime! It's by far the best... Especially this summer since Gavin is old enough to play, we try to take him everywhere we can!! Ryder looks like he had a great ole' time during the 4th!!! You will have to give me the recipe for the Dutch Oven. My family is totally into that right now and ALWAYS wanting more ideas of what they can make!! :0)

Stacy said...

I love the cute things that kids say, it sounds like your fourth of july was fun.