Tuesday, January 15, 2008

RSV Update!

Well, he still has RSV and I'll tell ya what, it stinks! He has been one sick little guy and I feel like we live at the hospital and the Dr. Office. There is now an RSV Clinic at McKay Dee that is open 24 hours and you can just go whenever so that has been nice. They will do breathing treatments or suction his nose or just listen to him if I worry- which I do. Last night he started on a couple new meds so hopefully we are on the down side of this. Dr. Watts said that because Ryder was born premature and his lungs wern't developed that something like this is really hard on his little lungs and harder for him to fight off. :( We will keep you posted. Thanks for all your concern:)

2 comments:

Jordan & Kara said...

Hopefully he will start feeling better with these new meds. Is Dr. Watts a older guy?? My pediatrician was named Dr. Watts and worked at McKay-Dee, anyway thats not important. But I hope he starts to feel better:)

HeiDi SpeNdLoVe said...

Oh, RSV sucks! Trey had it when he was 6 months old and was in the hospital for 4 days. He had pneumonia with it too. It was really hard. I will tell you that nasal suctioning was the best thing for him, even though he hated it. I feel for you guys. There were so many nights when we never slept. I heard about the RSV clinic from a resp. therapist I worked with, I hope it is working out well. Anyway, good luck to you guys and I hope it passes soon!