Monday, January 7, 2008

RSV is no fun!




Ryder has RSV. No fun at all. He started on Friday and the doctor said it was croup, but last night we ended up in the ER and its RSV. He is doing okay, better now that he has had a few breathing treatments, but we still worry like crazy. Last year we got lucky and he was able to get the RSV shot because he was premature and on oxygen for the first few months of life. Its really hard to qualify for the shot so he didn't get to get it again this year:( Hopefully this won't last long... if any of you have had kids with this, I'd love any advice!

5 comments:

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Oh, Jessie, I feel so bad! He is so dang cute! His hair is getting so long!

JYL & DALLAS said...

Jess I am so sorry about the rsv stuff. Just so you know I have no advice to offer but I am glad you had good holidays! If there is any thing I can help with please let me know!

Jordan & Kara said...

Well since I have no kids I have no advice...sorry:( But what I can say is "this too shall pass"
Not that, that helps at all but it was all I could think of:) I hope he gets feeling better soon, and maybe this will make you feel better....he is one of the cutest boys I know, I always love to see pictures of him:)

Cami said...

Oh Jessie, I'm so sorry to hear Ryder is sick. You are right, RSV is no fun! We have been battling croop, bronchialitis and RSV for almost 4 weeks. I am so sick of the nebulizer I could scream! I thought I'd check here for some good advice and it looks like nobody has any! Haha! Sorry I don't either. I do love the winter time but having sick kids is the worst! I agree with Kara though, he is a cute little bugger! Get well Ryder!

Chelsey said...

Hey Jessie, I found your blog through Jyl's So I wanted to say Hi and that your little guy is so dang cute! i love seeing all of our old friends and their little families grow. it's a little wierd that we're moms though but, what a blessing. both of my kids had RSV and what the PITS! When Kyson had it he loved the bath tub and then the breathing treatments cause he was more relaxed but other then that I don't think there's a whole lot to do but just Stress. So good luck! I hope you don't mind but I'm going to add you to mine. Chelsey C