Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Cafe Rio

Hi everybody! Well, I just have to tell ya all I found these recipes for Cafe Rio. I made them a few nights ago and thet are the exact same thing! You gotta give them a try... The DRESSING: 1 ranch dressing packet (make like the pkg. says), 2 Tomatillos (tomato like vegetable with a husk around them), 1/2 bunch cilantro, 1 clove garlic, juice of a half of lime. Blend all in food processor and refrigerate. TASTES JUST LIKE IT. THE CHICKEN: 1 bottle Kraft zesty Italian dressing, 1 T. Chili powder, 3 cloves garlic, 5 lbs. chicken breast. Cook all together in crockpot and shred. CAFE RIO RICE: 3 C. water, 4 t. chicken bouillon, 4 t. garlic, 1/2 bunch cilantro, 1 can green chilie, 3/4 t. salt, 1 T. Butter, 1/2 onion, 3 c. Rice. ( I used minute rice and just added everything in when I put the rice in and then put the lid on and let stand.) Okay, its really good. Then I bought black beans and fresh tortillas. Try it out!

2 comments:

HeiDi SpeNdLoVe said...

Jess:
Hey thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try it. If you ever come across the recipe for their sweet pork, let me know!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Yummy! I bet I could get the recipe for the sweet pork from Taylor, Costa Vida's tastes just the same. I will work on it and let you know so you can give it to her.